Catapults were first invented in ancient Greek and Roman times, however our common idea of them is based on drawings we have from the Medieval Ages.
Leonardo da Vinci redesigned the catapult around 1485. Based on his drawings from the Codex Atlanticus, Leonardo used the spring-like energy stored in bent wood to give power to the spring arm. A fun project from one of the great minds of history!
- Easy to make in about an hour
- Natural untreated wood from sustainable forests
- All pieces pre-cut and ready to go
- Parts are pegged for extra strength
- Information booklet with things to consider and try.
Recommended Ages: 12 yrs+